Thursday 12 June 2014

TBT with The Teaching Tribune!

I just love the idea for today's post in The Teaching Tribune's Summer Bloggin' series.  For Throwback Thursday we are asked to share a photo the year level we currently teach and tell the story of when we just knew that we would spend the rest of our lives in a classroom. :)

For me, I honestly can't remember a time when I didn't want to be a teacher.  When my friends were stressing over what uni course options to apply for at the end of high school I couldn't understand their situation.  There was no doubt in my mind that I would study to be a teacher, so I just filled out my form with a variety of education degrees and decided I would be happy with whichever one I was accepted into.  As a result, I ended up a Primary teacher.  At this point in my career I kind of wish I had studied Early Childhood  - but then I'm not sure if that would have set me on the path I ended up on to land in my niche as a Prep teacher.  And I've always wanted to study more, so that's top of my 'to do' list! 

Here's a photo of me in my first year of school (the same age as my Prep kidlets) - Preschool when I was 5!


I was off to a Sunday School picnic - so that's why I have a cup hanging around my neck.  :)

Head on over to link up - such a fun way to get to know each other better!


Lauren



4 comments:

  1. Love the cup around your neck, haha! Such a cutie, thanks for sharing.

    Tania
    Mrs Poultney's Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cup to go is impressive - very cute
    Paula from Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

    ReplyDelete
  3. You invented the laynard with your cup on a string and didn't even know it. Super cute!

    ~Laura
    Luv My Kinders

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by!